Face looking more flush than usual? This could be a fairly common skin condition known as rosacea. Many suffer from this common condition and wave it off as everyday acne due to the pimple-like breakouts. Managing your rosacea is not impossible! At New England Skin Center, we offer treatments for rosacea to help boost your self-esteem and confidence with a fresh, clear complexion.
TYPES OF ROSACEA
There are a few types of rosacea, though many people experience symptoms of more than one type:
- Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea- This is characterized by persistent redness on the face. Small blood vessels beneath the skin surface may become enlarged and visible; symptoms often flare up and then disappear.
- Papulopustular Rosacea- This is often associated with “whitehead” pustules, which are pus-filled blemishes. These can often be misidentified as acne.
- Phymatous Rosacea- This causes the skin to thicken and scar, making it bumpy, swollen, and sometimes discolored.
- Ocular Rosacea- Symptoms affect the eyes, causing them to look watery or bloodshot. This can cause constant dry, sensitive eyes, and cysts on the eyelids.
While the true cause is unknown, a combination of environmental and hereditary factors are usually the culprits for flare-ups. A few known triggers include:
- Excessive sunlight
- Alcoholic drinks
- Extreme shift in temperature
- Spicy foods
Although there is no cure, at New England Skin Center we offer treatments to assist in controlling symptoms associated with rosacea.
- IPL Photofacial– Laser light treatment that drastically reduces the appearance of rosacea while tightening the skin. Intense pulsed light emits multiple wavelengths into the skin to target pigment-producing cells below the surface.
- Restylane– Dermal filler that uses hyaluronic acid gel to instantly fill in areas on the face where volume has been lost. This improves the appearance of recessed scars caused due to rosacea.
Schedule an appointment with one of our skin experts at New England Skin Center and learn about the best way to control your rosacea. We will create a customized plan based on your skin’s specific needs and with your confidence in mind. Give us a call at (781)803-2455 and start feeling good in your skin!
* Individual results may vary; not a guarantee.